Chartwell is a college preparatory school, and we cultivate a noncompetitive college-going culture beginning in the freshman year. Our students have aspirations far beyond high school graduation, and we actively support their exploration of higher education, passion-driven careers, and educational gap programs.
How we prioritize college counseling at Chartwell:
- a college preparatory curriculum
- multiple college campus visits
- a college portfolio starting in ninth grade
- a full-time, on-site college counselor
- access to an Independent Education Consultant
- ACT accommodation requests written by Chartwell
- interactive college planning software (CollegePlannerPro)
- planning assessments
- one-on-one meetings with college counselor and education consultant
- College Readiness class for all 12th grade students that includes daily support with college research, applications and selections
- additional resources and workshops available to families
At Chartwell High School, we introduce the idea of college to all students freshman year, when they participate in college visits and guest speakers from colleges, universities, and gap programs. Their notes from these visits are added to their college portfolio, which they will continue to build through senior year. In 11th grade, students begin one-one-one meetings with the college counselor to complete assessments and begin creating college lists.
I grew into myself at Chartwell. I became more confident as a person and as a learner.
Ruby, Class of 2021
100% of our graduating seniors are admitted to at least one four-year college of their choice, and many receive substantial scholarships.