Flag Football Summer Camp 2023
Join us this summer for Chartwell's Inaugural Flag Football Camp!
Gather your friends and sign up today for a developmentally challenging and fun program.
Camp is open to participants in the 1st to 8th grade (2023/2024 school year).
The Chartwell Flag Football Summer Camp teaches sound fundamental offensive and defensive football skills to both experienced and beginner youth athletes. Individual and group drills will be demonstrated to teach basic techniques. Proper warm-up, physical conditioning, skills drills, and review are part of each scheduled session.
Coach Jason Fisk, assisted by local coaches/athletes, will lead the Chartwell Flag Football Summer Camp 2023 Program. Camp will focus on core skill development (offensive and defensive principles), proper play execution, understanding situational roles, and of course...competitive and fun game action.
No previous flag football experience is required to attend the camp. See below for the full camp details.
All camp attendees will receive a Chartwell Flag Football Summer 2023 Camp Dri-Fit t-shirt along with other items which are included in the base cost of the program!
- Quarterback Drills: 3 & 5 Step Drops, Scrambling, Throwing Technique, Reading Coverages, etc.
- Running Back Drills: Ball Security, Ball Handling, Footwork Progressions, Change of Direction Drills, etc.
- Wide Receiver Drills: Stance & Body Position, Releases, Route Tree Teach, Catching in Traffic, Motions/Sweeps, etc.
- Age appropriate defensive coverages (man and zone concepts),
- Proper stance, leverage, coverage alignments (man and zone concepts),
- Blitz technique and responsibilities.
- Zone coverage responsibilities, eye discipline and zone spacing discipline.
- Flag pulling drills and fundamentals.
- How to be a great teammate in a group dynamic.
- Understanding and implementing play direction.
- Getting in and out of an offensive huddle.
- Sportsmanship and leadership discussions.
2023 Summer Camp Dates & Times
Dates: Monday, July 17 - Friday, July 21
Times: 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Age Group: 6-14 (Grades 1-8 for 2023-2024); Co-Ed/Non-Binary
Location: Chartwell School (2511 Numa Watson Road, Seaside, CA)
Space is limited to 30 campers. Registration open soon.
Lunch is not provided. Please bring a sack lunch to camp each day.
All campers receive Chartwell Summer Flag Football Camp T-Shirt, lanyard and a water bottle
Groupings: Campers are initially grouped by age and moved around accordingly based on skill level.
Equipment Needed: Players should supply: Cleats (NO metal-tip cleats), tennis shoes, athletic shorts, and t-shirt/hoodie. This camp is non-contact.
Coach Jason Fisk
Coach Jason Fisk is a retired NFL defensive tackle. He played high school football at Davis High School, and college football at Stanford University. He earned degrees in biology and psychology while at Stanford. Coach Fisk was selected by the Minnesota Vikings of the 1995 NFL Draft. He played for the Vikings (1995–1998), Tennessee Titans (1999–2001), San Diego Chargers (2002–2004), Cleveland Browns (2005) and St. Louis Rams (2006). While with the Titans, he played in Super Bowl XXXIV.
Coach Fisk retired following the 2006 season. He previously coached for his high school football team, the Davis High School Blue Devils, and then coached at UC Davis. He is currently a science teacher and the Head Flag Football Coach at Chartwell School in Seaside, California. Coach Fisk is married with three children.