Summer 2021 Courses
Chartwell's Teacher Training Institute offers an Orton-Gillingham approach by:
- Integrating elements of language using Structured Literacy (phonology, morphology, syntax, orthography, and semantics)
- Practicing Structured Literacy teaching principles including instruction that is systematic, diagnostic, explicit, cumulative to mastery, and prescriptive.
- Participating in a practicum that provides experience in an actual classrooms setting.
Expected outcomes include
- Have a deeper understanding of the learning profile of people with dyslexia
- Acquire foundational knowledge of English language structure
- Develop expertise in individualized interventions and implementation of instructional strategies
- Gain insight on Special Education Law
- Develop a deeper understanding of the Social Emotional aspects of learning
- Create lesson plans
The Afternoon Practicum
The Afternoon Practicum presents an opportunity for hands-on experience with struggling readers under the guidance of a Chartwell Master Teacher.
Educators enrolled in the Afternoon Practicum will have the unique opportunity to practice their newly-acquired conceptual and foundational knowledge in an actual classroom setting.
Students will benefit from small group reading tutorials and significantly increase reading strategies. This approach is known as The Chartwell Way.
Email email@example.com with any questions or for more information.