Chartwell Community Updates
We continue to monitor the evolving coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) through the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO) websites, as well as the Monterey County Health Department.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What precautions can I take?
A. All recommendations emphasize the importance of the basics of virus/flu prevention:
• stay home when sick
• wash hands frequently with soap and water (some estimates say you reduce your
chances of catching the virus by up to 60% with frequent hand-washing)
• use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol content when soap and water is
• cover nose and mouth with a tissue when coughing or sneezing
(or a shirt sleeve or elbow if no tissue is available) and wash hands
after disposing of the tissue in a proper trash receptacle
• don’t touch your face, mouth, nose, or eyes with your hands
• stay 6 feet or further from people who are ill
Q. Where can I find more information?
Because this is an emerging virus, new information is discovered every day. The CDC website is the best source of accurate information. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.