Who Should Apply
Is Chartwell a good fit?
Our programs are designed for students who:
- Struggle with any type of language-based learning difficulty. Students also may have attention deficit disorder, ADD or ADHD.
- Are of average to above-average cognitive ability
- Experience difficulty acquiring literacy skills (reading and spelling)
- Experience difficulty with written expression, mathematics, processing information, working memory, organization, study skills, time management or other executive functioning skills
- Challenged in other academic environments due to the competitive nature of the schools
- Male and female students between the ages of 7-19 years
- Supported by their parents in terms of the policies and guidelines set out by Chartwell School
- Motivated to participate in the school’s programs and show evidence that they understand their learning difficulties
- NOT diagnosed with a conduct disorder, oppositional defiant disorder or any other emotional or behavioral difficulties