Who We Serve Best
Who Should Apply to Chartwell
Chartwell’s programs are designed for students between the ages of 6-19 (Grades 1-12) who have been diagnosed with a language-based learning difference, including dyslexia and related challenges. We believe strongly in our strengths-based approach to learning and look for students who are motivated to be in a supportive, welcoming, and nurturing learning environment that will support them in achieving their potential.
Students at Chartwell typically demonstrate many strengths and positive behaviors, including:
- Average to above-average cognitive ability
- Motivation to participate in the school’s programs and shows evidence that they understand their learning differences
- Social and emotional aptitude (does not demonstrate externalizing behaviors that are disruptive to the learning environment)
They experiences challenges with:
- Any type of language-based learning difficulty. Students also may have attention deficit disorder, ADD or ADHD.
- Acquiring literacy skills (reading and spelling)
- Written expression, mathematics, processing information, working memory, organization, study skills, time management or other executive functioning skills
- Traditional academic environments due to the need for more specialized learning support
Additionally, students who succeed at Chartwell are supported by their parents in terms of the policies and guidelines set out by Chartwell School.
Every child’s story is unique and we encourage you to consider Chartwell if your child is struggling in their current educational environment due to learning differences. The best way to find out if Chartwell is a fit for your family is to request more information or contact Danielle Patterson, director of outreach and family engagement, at (831) 394-3468 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you and helping your child stop struggling, and start learning.
Students that come to Chartwell demonstrate so many strengths -- kindness, empathy, creativity, innovative thinking, and more -- and at Chartwell, that's where we start. These children have been in environments where only their challenges have been emphasized, and that can be debilitating.
Kate Mulligan, Head of School
Please reach out to Danielle Patterson, director of outreach and family engagement, at 831-394-3468 x1025 or email@example.com with any questions about Chartwell's admission process.