How to Apply
Chartwell views the admissions process as a collaborative venture in which we work closely with parents to determine the educational choice that is best for their child. While prospective families learn about Chartwell, we learn about prospective students and their individual needs and goals. Our mutual purpose is to discover if Chartwell is the “right fit” for the child and family.
We invite families to submit an Application for Admission. Simply click on the button at the bottom of the page to begin the process. Once we receive your application, we will contact you to guide you through the process. Applications are accepted year-round.
The application includes the following:
- Parent Statement
- Student Statement (for students entering Middle and High School)
- Psycho-educational Assessment Report (administered to the applicant within the last two years by a licensed psychologist). The report should include all composite and subtest scores and a test of achievement skills
- School Records (including current IEP or 504 plan)
- Transcripts (for students entering High School)
- Other clinical reports from professionals (SLP, OT, etc)
- Immunization Record
The admissions interview process is as follows:
- For admission to the Lower and Middle School programs, families will have a tour of the campus and the applicant will take a placement testing in oral reading, spelling, writing, and math so we can observe the student at work in an educational environment. Executive functioning skills are also assessed, along with an evaluation of social and emotional development. After that, we will meet with the parents to review the results of the assessments, discuss the student's learning profile, and determine the best educational options.
- For admission to the High School program, families will have a tour of the campus and the student will “shadow” in the program during the academic day. Executive functioning skills are also assessed, along with an evaluation of social and emotional development. After that, we will meet with the parents to review the results of the assessments, discuss the student's learning profile, and determine the best educational options.
- Chartwell's process is welcoming, student-focused, and keeps in mind the comfort level of the student at all times.
We are just so excited to have our daughter in the right school for her and are so very, very grateful for all the faculty’s attention, support, and encouragement of her. We have seen such a difference since she started at Chartwell. She had always loved school and learning, and then there was a steep drop-off when the learning challenges were identified. To have her love of school and learning be renewed means the world to us.
Grade 2 Parent
Please reach out to Danielle Patterson, director of outreach and family engagement, at 831-394-3468 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about Chartwell's admission process.