Chartwell is a private school on the Monterey Peninsula serving students in grades 2-12, who have been identified as having a specific language-based learning difference, including dyslexia. Our faculty, staff, board and community are dedicated to our mission and vision.
We are currently seeking applications for the following positions:
Speech and Language Pathologist for 2018-2019. Click here for job description.We are always on the lookout for potential substitute and full time faculty members! If you would describe yourself as a dynamic, collaborative, inspirational and tech savvy educator, please send your resume to email@example.com Teachers and Substitute Teachers for 2018-2019Successful applicants will:
- Have a track record of excellent teaching.
- Have an interest in and experience with students who have language-based learning differences like dyslexia.
- Have an interest in and experience with active, engaged, collaborative, and personalized learning.
- Be innovative in the integration of computer technology into their teaching.
- Be innovative, creative and visionary in program planning and curriculum design.
- Have evidence of collaborative planning within and across courses and departments.
- Have an academic background that includes an undergraduate degree. Ideally this would be combined with: a California teaching credential, qualifications in Special Education and training in one of: Slingerland, Orton Gillingham or Lindamood Bell techniques.
- Salaries commensurate with experience & qualifications
- 100% benefit coverage for full time employees
- Small class size
- A focus on professional growth and access to professional development funds
- Collaborative teaching environment
- Ability to rent employee housing at CSUMB