Chartwell School is a private school on the Monterey Peninsula serving students in grades 1-12, who have been identified as having a specific language-based learning difference, including dyslexia. Our faculty, staff, board and community are dedicated to our mission and vision.
Chartwell is currently experiencing growth across all three of its divisions and we are excited to share the following opportunities:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, references, and any questions.
Successful applicants will:
- Have a track record of excellent teaching.
- Have an interest in and experience with students who have language-based learning differences like dyslexia.
- Have an interest in and experience with active, engaged, collaborative, and personalized learning.
- Be innovative in the integration of computer technology into their teaching.
- Be innovative, creative and visionary in program planning and curriculum design.
- Have evidence of collaborative planning within and across courses and departments.
- Have an academic background that includes an undergraduate degree. Ideally this would be combined with: a California teaching credential, qualifications in Special Education and training in one of: Slingerland, Orton Gillingham or Lindamood Bell techniques.
- Salaries commensurate with experience & qualifications
- 100% benefit coverage for full time employees
- Small class size
- A focus on professional growth and access to professional development funds
- Collaborative teaching environment
Chartwell School provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.