Professional Development - Summer Institute
Educating Professionals in the Field of Learning Differences
The Summer Institute offers a professional development program for teachers, educational therapists, tutors and parents who would like to learn more about dyslexia and other learning differences. CUE credits are available through CSUMB.
Dates: June 26 - 30, 2017. Exact timing TBD.
Online Registration is available HERE
- Understanding Dyslexia & the Reading Brain
- Dyslexia Law (2015): AB 1369
- Understanding ADHD & Executive Function Skills
- Learning and the Brain: Stress, Memory & Growth Mindset
- Keys to Literacy: Components of Effective Reading Programs
- IDEA (2004) & Rehabilitation Act (1973): Section 504
About the Presenter:
Gretchen Giuffre, M.A. Ed., has been involved in independent and public sector education since 1999. Specializing in children with learning differences, she is the former Middle School Coordinator at Chartwell. Additional experience includes the following roles: Reading and Math Intervention Coach, Language Arts Educator and Advisor for a Language & Literacy School Reform Initiative.