- 1. What are the criteria for students to attend Chartwell School?
- 2. What is the WISC and do I need to include an updated evaluation with the application form?
- 3. Can parents make an application for their child to attend Chartwell at any time?
- 4. Can students be admitted to Chartwell once the school year has started?
- 5. What is the difference between a visit to Chartwell and the admissions interview?
- 6. Are there any times during the year when visits or admissions interviews can’t be scheduled?
- 7. Is there any financial assistance for my child to attend your school?
- 8. What is the difference between summer CORE and ENRICHMENT programs?
- 9. What if I have more questions?
- the school may refer you to a school psychologist to arrange for testing if your child is attending a public or charter school
- there are psychologists in your local community or area who are in private practice and specialize in learning disabilities
A visit is a meeting parents schedule with the Admissions Director. It’s a chance for you to see the campus, tour the classrooms and ask any questions you may have about the school and its programs.
An admissions interview is a meeting we arrange after your child’s Application for Admissions file is complete and has been reviewed by the Admissions Committee. Prospective students for the Lower and Middle School will be involved in placement testing at this time to help us assess skill levels and will also be interviewed by the Division Head. Prospective students for the High School will be involved in a “shadow interview” and spend the day visiting classes. If the student hasn’t been to the school before, they will get a campus tour at this time and an opportunity to speak with students and ask any questions they have about the school and its programs.
Yes, there are times during the year when Chartwell is closed for holidays. The school is closed for two weeks in December for winter holidays and two weeks in March for Spring Break. There are also no classes scheduled on Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving, Martin Luther King Day and Memorial Day.
Visits to Chartwell take place from Monday to Friday between 9:00 AM and 3:00 PM. Admissions interviews for the Lower and Middle School are arranged from Monday to Friday between 9:00 AM and 3:00 PM. Admissions shadow interviews in the High School are arranged from Monday to Friday between 10:00 AM and 2:00 PM.
Through the generous support of a benefactor, the Tuition Support Fund provides a limited number of financial discounts reducing the cost of tuition by 15% for new students wishing to enroll at Chartwell.
Financial Aid opens each year in January for returning families and new families may apply if they have been accepted into a Chartwell program. Chartwell offers need-based financial aid awards in the form of grants that do not need to be repaid. Our budget is limited and we seek to equitably distribute grants to students based on their family’s financial need. Awards are limited and are made on a first-come, first-served basis, so timely applications are important. Financial aid requests are submitted through FAST, an online system for determining need-based financial assistance.